Wednesday, May 25, 2011

bowtie for Finny

Finn is in a play next week celebrating '100 years of Cardiff!'. He is very excited about being in a play (his first!) His role is a 1930's homeowner, and his costume called for a bow tie, vest and fedora.

Vest: check! Fedora: check! bowtie....
So, off I went, I spent more than a few days searching the local thrift shops for a the perfect bowtie, and stressing over it.

 

Then this morning, in a moment of clarity, I realized I could simply make one. It seriously only took 20 minutes and a few scraps of wool houndstooth fabric.


I can't believe I was being so silly and that a five years old's bowtie was keeping me up at night. That's where I often get caught...the thinking versus doing.

In the end, it always works out.
(note to self: it always works out. )

No comments:

Post a Comment