Friday, July 6, 2012

4th traditions.

Go America!

Wednesday marked the 10th anniversary of my sister & brother-in-laws annual "I love the USA barbecue and bike parade'. We have been there every year (except 2009, when we attempted to stay Cardiff local, but it didn't feel right)

It has turned into quite a tradition. I even attended 3 day post c-section and with a very tiny Finn back in 2005. There was also the year that my great uncle died early in the morning of the 4th in 2010. It felt nice to spend the day with my family. The bike parade is not nearly as competitive as it once was!



The party has really grown. In the beginning there were very few kids, and we would ride to the beach to watch the fireworks. Now, there are more kids than grownups and the we parade in the street. It's one of my favorite days of the year, I mean who doesn't love hot dogs?


Thanks, once again, to Jeff and Agatha for a great party! Maybe next year my dream of a blocked off street will be fulfilled!


No comments:

Post a Comment